TERMS OF ENTRY
The following terms and conditions apply exclusively to the aforementioned promotion and all participants in the promotion are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the same:
- The competition is open to all residents of Kenya except employees of Nation Media Group and JWT Creative and Digital, and any other supplier or third party directly involved with the facilitation of this competition as well as their immediate family members.
- All participants must be over the age of 18 years at the date of entry and will be required to exhibit proof of age prior to redemption of any prize.
- The participants must not have entered into any contractual, commercial, sponsorship or other arrangement in respect of his/her name, likeness, image or biography that might prevent him/her from participating in the competition. We reserve the right, in its sole discretion to determine compliance with any or all of the foregoing requirements.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to participate
Post a video on either of the following Social Media Platforms- Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. The Video should be posted with the hashtag #LIT360 on the participant’s accounts. The video must include a visual depiction of the required dance, song. musical instrument, sport or any other talent that participant wishes to depict. The video must not:
- be longer than 2 minutes long.
- contain any material that is obscene, offensive, libelous, pornographic, threatening or abusive, content that is otherwise objectionable or would be deemed inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by us in our sole discretion
- By submitting a photograph/video, the participant represents and warrants that his/her video:
- is his/her original creation and that the participant is a) the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and to the video and (b) has the sole right and authority to grant the rights in and to the video as contemplated herein.
- You may quote social media pages where photograph/video has been posted.
- By submitting a video of their dance, song. musical instrument, sport or any other talent that participant wishes to depict in connection with the competition, each participant represents and warrants that his/her video:
- Complies with these competition terms and conditions
- Is his/her creation and that the participant a) is the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title and interest (including any copyright) in and to the recipe and b) has the right and authority to grant the rights in and to the video as contemplated hereunder
- Is not the subject of any trademark, patent or copyright or the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim;
- Does not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party including, without limitation, intellectual property rights and use of the video as contemplated herein will not give rise to any claims of infringement;
- Has never been professionally commercially exploited or competed in or won any other television competition, national contest, or professional award; and
- Does not include any references to commercial content (including without limitation brand names, trade names, trademarks, service marks or logos of any third parties) or otherwise promote any brand, product or service.
- By submitting a video in connection with this competition, participants acknowledge and agree that such submission constitutes public disclosure of the video. There is no obligation of confidentiality or fiduciary duty to any participant in respect of the video submitted.
- Use the image, likeness, voice and materials resultant from the activities above, in connection with a television feature or program, whether or not such material shall be for educational, advertising or other purposes connected with the business of Nation Media Group Limited; and
- I confirm that I understand that the material will be broadcast by Nation Media Group Limited through its television broadcast outlets including but not limited to all Nation Media Group digital platforms, radio, television and newspaper promotions at no pay or consideration whatsoever.
- I have voluntarily agreed to the use of my image and likeness as mentioned above and will not hereafter withhold consent or attempt to defer permission for the use or transmission thereof for the purpose mentioned above
- I agree that all rights relating to and accruing from the recorded images mentioned above belong to Nation Media Group in general, and all its other syndicates (including television, digital, radio and print) and that I have been fully informed of the purposes to which the images shall be used and that I shall lay no claim for payment, return of the materials or any other consideration in respect of the images mentioned above.
Use of Personal Data
- By participating in the competition, all winners of the prizes agree that their full names, photos, video footage and other details be made public in such media that we may choose and that they will further agree to participate in all our public relations and marketing activities on such terms, as we may require without any additional consideration.
- All and any materials, including publicity materials, will remain the sole property of NATION MEDIA GROUP
- Use of the materials stated above shall be at our discretion and we shall be entitled to disclose any of the participant’s details for administering the competition, marketing and research related activities, fraud prevention and such other purposes as may be provided in terms and conditions herein and the law.
Disqualification and Termination
- This competition is offered at our sole discretion and we reserve the right to terminate or suspend this promotion in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the competition judges is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We reserve the right to amend or vary these terms and conditions or to suspend/amend/terminate this competition at any time.
- The following will not be eligible for the competition and any entries of such nature will be disqualified:
- Participants with fan pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or any other Social Media forum.)
- Obscene videos.
- Videos downloaded from the Internet or those not belonging to participants.
- Group/Brand pages are not eligible to participate.
- If you post your image link on a fan page or brand page, in order to increase the likes to your photo, your photo will not be eligible.
- Videos with locations featuring children.
- Videos which create the impression that alcohol consumption contributes towards or is a pre-requisite for social, business, academic, sporting or sexual success.
- Videos which suggest, feature or imply any association with violent, aggressive, illegal, dangerous or anti-social behavior
- Videos showing or encouraging consumption of alcohol while driving motor vehicles of any kind – including speedboats, jet skis, snow mobiles or aircraft)
- Videos which disrespect cultural differences/sensitivities
- Videos with animals in the content
- Neither us nor and our respective advertising, media and PR agencies, nor their trading partners shall be liable in any way whatsoever for any loss, damage or costs, howsoever arising, suffered by an entrant of this competition and/or the prize offered.
- Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring any license or right to use any of our trademarks, design rights or copyrights.
- Participants will not be required to send money, airtime or mobile money funds or any other consideration in order to participate or claim any prize in this competition. We will not be liable for any losses or other damage incurred by any person who does not heed this caution.
- To the extent relevant, this competition shall comply with the Laws of Kenya and the […………]