Here at #LIT360 we are dedicated to giving upcoming artists all the tips and tricks that they might need to make it in the music business. We fully understand how difficult it can be! One of the biggest challenges that artists on the rise face is the stage. Hate it or love it, you have to deal with it. Whether you are a natural or you have to put in a few hours of practice we hope you will find the following useful.
- Envision what you want your audience to feel once they are done experiencing your performance. This is basically asking yourself how you want to be described on stage
- Practice. Practice. Practice. More practice! And when you are practicing make you sure you make it mean something. Pretend every single time when you are practicing that you do it as if you were actually on stage. This way, when you actually go on stage it will be as close to perfect as possible
- Positivity is key. Make sure the people who you are bouncing your performance off are they to motivate and encourage you for your final performance. Not people who won’t tell you what you need to hear to be better but people who are not afraid to and make sure they turn into positive feedback
- Organize yourself! Want to have dancers/other dancers on stage with you? Want to have a grand entrance? Want the lights to be a certain way? You need to get all your ducks in a row before the big day for it to actually take place. It is never too early to start planning and organizing
- Criticism is not a bad thing, be open to it. Perfection is a tall order to try and achieve, but there is nothing wrong with constantly striving for it and the only way to do it is to understand the ways you can be better, and the only way to do that is to be open to criticism. Take it in your stride and kill that performance!
- Be confident! If you don’t believe in yourself then there is no way you can ever leave people’s jaws on the floor without knowing within yourself that it is possible!
The reason we bring this up is that we had the opportunity to witness the magic that is NaiFest! The edition we attended on your behalf featured Charisma from Le Band, Ayrosh and Dan Aceda! Check out their amazing performances below!